Are you a Kathryn, Annette or Cecile? Cruel Intentions Edition
1999 was arguably the best year ever. I'm sorry, what? How so? Let's roll out the bullet points:
- The Sopranos season premiere
- Britney Spears first performance alongside N*SYNC at the MTV Video Music Awards. (This was my Grammy's)
- The Blair Witch Project scaring the living shizz out of me, even more than the Y2K scare.
- The happiest song to hit the airwaves - Len "Steal My Sunshine"
- The epic demise of Woodstock 99'. (Peep the netflix doc called Trainwreck: Woodstock 99'. Highly rec)
- And of course...Cruel Intentions.
I can confidently say that this movie changed the course of my life at the ripe age of 14. No shame here. The dark humor mixed with the moody school girl aesthetic was fulfilling my teenage dirtbag dream. So it was obvious that I would gravitate towards Kathryn's dark yet posh (spice) style. In homage to this classic movie that me and my best friend would incessantly quote (and even till this day), we curated jewelry pieces for each cruel leading lady. Which one are you?
Leave a comment